Yenziwe Mahlalela, has never been one to live a life that fits into a box. She is a content creator, mother, baker and the owner of CHAKAZA’s Beauty Parlour in Mbabane. Her days move between the gym, the salon, the kitchen and family life, while her content gives people a glimpse into the person behind it all. In this conversation, she talks about motherhood, beauty, cooking, keeping parts of her life private and why, for her, success is less about achievements and more about simply living each day as it comes.
I do not believe in typical days. I take each day as an experience I will never ever get to repeat or relive. My day starts with a moment of gratitude and prayer, a cuddling session with my son, texting my man Good morning and then heading to the gym. After a great workout session, my day has officially begun.I clock in at the salon depending on how busy the day is and close in the evening to start baking cake orders. That is a typical day for me.
I have actually taken a step back in showing motherhood in my content. I realized 'mom content' needs you to actually show the “baby” and I have never posted or shared my son on social media, and I have no intentions of doing so in the near future for multiple reasons. One of them being, I want it to be his choice to want to appear on social media.
It’s so cringe to me how people can save images from social media and use them without your knowledge. We had a stranger post my younger brother and use him as her profile picture saying my son. We have no relation to this woman and we received screenshots from people alerting us, which was more reason for me to not want to share my son on social media. Which is sad because that’s a loss on 'mommy content' as a content creator.
What's your relationship with cooking?
I have a very intimate relationship with cooking, baking and being in the kitchen, really. I pour my heart into every dish and recipe. It’s so healing for me and watching myself create various dishes is so fulfilling. But more than anything, I think cooking is my love language and a way to express how I feel.
I have a beauty parlour called CHAKAZA’s Beauty Parlour, located at Mbabane Commercial Centre, where I do hair installation, lashes and makeup. I intend to introduce more services over time. As I said, I’m a multifaceted woman. I have so many talents that I intend to explore fully.
I have always loved all things beauty from a young age. The plan was to open the beauty parlour and have someone else provide the services, but after having a few clients sit on my chair, I realised I loved seeing other women happy.
Coming in stressed and depressed, and I offer a few giggles whilst I make them beautiful. The comments were so heartwarming. That’s when I realised I was in love with making women feel good about themselves.
Beauty plays such a huge role in my life. I stress over a pimple, now you can imagine. I believe when one looks and feels beautiful, it boosts their confidence so much to just go out in the world and conquer the day.
Beauty isn’t just about a makeup look. It’s about the skin routine, the journaling, the self-care, solo dates, curating your own style and sense of self. It’s knowing who you are and loving that person that makes one beautiful inside and out. And kindness, of course.
How would you describe your approach to content creation?
Authentic. Always. I started content creation years ago when we had Instagram and my motto has always been, 'Be authentic and uniquely you'
I am myself. I share all parts of my life, not only when there is something aesthetically pleasing, but showing my followers when I’m cutting grass, cooking indoors or outdoors, sharing regular and unique dishes. For me, it’s not camera, lights, action. It’s more of 'hey, grab a seat and see my life through a lens'
I studied Public Relations, so believe me when I say my social media is curated. Personally, I understand the purpose of social media, hence there is a huge difference between my social media and my personal life.n I choose to share just the basics, just enough to give viewers an idea of who I might be, not who I am. I believe in “some things are just for you” not to be shared, but to just be in the moment.
It has to be people assuming I am in a career field that I am not in 90% of the time. It’s always fun to hear the different perceptions people have of me and what I do.
What keeps you going on busy days?
Prayer and worship. I call on God more than I should. Sometimes I feel like He’s tired of me. I’ll be fully booked, standing on my feet from morning till late with an empty stomach and a headache, and pray to God for healing and for Him to remove my hunger instead of me sitting my bum down and actually drinking water and eating in between installs. I’m so unrealistic sometimes, but I love it.
I want them to relate. That’s all I want. I want people to know it’s okay that I’m goofy. You don’t have to be serious 24/7 and it doesn’t make you less appealing to be you. I want them to know you can have good food with minimal costs. I want them to feel worthy of anything and everything. I surely do hope my vulnerable content does feel like a hug.
I am quite weird. I don’t feel fulfilment when I achieve something. So the pedestal of success doesn’t exist to me. For me, it’s ticking from my prayer/to-do list, and I consider those sacred to share until they manifest.
Never try to fit in. Be uniquely you. The right people, your people, will gravitate towards you. Pray before you make any decision. What will people say? is what is holding you back from reaching your fullest potential. Never give a man the ability to feed you because you are giving him the ability to starve you.
Allow all seasons of life to happen without forcing yourself out of a season. Be kind to yourself. Remember you’re a human living this life for the first time. You’re not supposed to know what to do. It’s okay to make mistakes if you learn from them.
Lastly, Jeremiah 29:11. I always gravitate to this scripture in all seasons of your life. It has kept me sane. I hope it does the same for you.
Keep in touch with Yenziwe, book your next appt, or order your cake here: https://www.tiktok.com/@chakazambalie?_r=1&_t=ZS-98vZcVOCozp





.jpeg)
0 Comments